Friday 7 February 2014

Eyebrow, You brow...

That was cheesy. Anyways, Hi everybody. I'm at it again. Giving this beauty blog thing another shot. Today's post is ~all about eyebrows~ because I personally believe they are crucial. Even if you're someone who doesn't wear much makeup, it's really important to have well groomed eyebrows because they really are the focal point of your face. This is just my everyday routine that I've been doing lately. Feel free to soften them up a bit to your taste because I do like quite a strong brow. Let's get into it, shall we? First things first, let's talk about the products I'll be using today: 


Starting from the top left we've got Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in the shade Auburn, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Auburn, Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel, Mac's 266 Brush, an angled brush from Essence Beauty, and some Crown Brush spooly I got at Imats. 

I use the cheapy angled brush for the dip brow so I don't have to get that stuff on my good brushes, not that it's difficult to clean off or anything it's just me being anal ol' me. I use Auburn because my hair is, get this, Auburn. I know right? Wild. Never_would_have_thought. My natural hair colour and brow colour are darker than my hair is so the dip brow really helps lighten my brows and match them to my current hair colour. You could do this with a pencil, lighter powder and a tinted brow gel if you wish. This is just what works for me. 


LMFAO. Sorry, I look so serious I can't help but laugh. Okay back to business. I usually do my foundation before my brows so that's exactly what I did here. This is because if I did my brows first, my foundation gets all over them and basically messes up all my hard work. When I apply my foundation (and eyeprimer) I tend to go over my brows a bit, just to kind of give the brow products something to stick to. I also feel like it gives me a 'blank canvas' of sorts. This eyebrow I used to have pierced, if you can tell from my scar. So the ends are reaaaallly sparse. Such is life.



First thing I do is take my dipbrow onto my cheapy angle brush and basically create a line along the base of the brow. This looks scary as at first but don't worry, we're gonna blend that shit upwards. Using your brush with NO ADDITONAL PRODUCTED ADDED use short strokes to "push" the product up the brow. This was really hard to capture taking a picture, but the second photo is what it should look like after you've blended upwards. 



Next I take my Mac 266 and some of the lighter shade in the brow duo and kind of go over the sparser areas of my brow. I like using both the gel/cream and powder combo because I find it gives a more 'natural' finish mixing the textures. Plus I think the DipBrow itself is on the shinier side, so I like to matte it out a bit with the powder. Again I start at the base of the brow and feather upwards. I never really like to make a harsh line near the top because this is a really obvious way of saying HEY I DRAW ON MY BROWS. 




Last but not least I go over them with some brow gel to keep everything neat and tidy. I personally prefer wax to gel but this was all I had on hand at the moment. The ends aren't perfect but that's because of my scar.

Anyways I hope this was informative and if you have any comments, questions or concerns please feel free to let me know :) and any requests for future posts are welcome! Thanks everybody, have a great weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment