Sunday 25 May 2014

Saucebox Cosmetics Etude Palette - First Impressions/Tutorial


I'm baaaaaaaack. Hey guys. So I went to Jamaica, had the time of my life and when I got home I was sick as FU.....hell. I couldn't even leave my bed for a few days. Seriously, I think I might have pulled something coughing so hard. Anyways I'm feeling almost normal and I received my palette yesterday so I thought "whyyyyy not".

Saucebox Cosmetics was founded a mother-daughter duo. Their website says "The name takes its roots in Old English, and means rude and impudent, obnoxious". IF THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES. They do singles and they do palettes but when I saw the Etude Palette I knew I had to have it. So here it is in all it's glory!


The palette came with a free mascara which I've yet to open [I have tons to go through], but I will report back when I use it! A nice gesture nonetheless - I love free shit. 


 UGH. IT'S BEAUTIFUL. I can't even describe how in love I am. Matte eyeshadows are my THING, and these are just absolutely beautiful.
 I suck at swatching. I'm not sure why, I'm just really bad at it. I also have some heat rash on my arms left over from my trip which doesn't make for the smoothest of swatches. But these are the shadows in natural light. I did finger swatches too because I'm MUCH better at those:




Outdoor lighting with natural overcast. Hence why one photo is sunny and the other isn't. Sue me. I can't control nature okay guys!!!!!. This gives you a better idea of the pigmentation. The lighter colours are a liiiittle bit powdery but not chalky at all, and they all blend really easily as you'll see in the video. They're rich and soft but not too soft, which I find sometimes tends to work against the pigmentation of eyeshadows (think Inglot - so soft they often just blend away). I wore these shadows for about ~7 hours and I saw minimal creasing and fading, but keep in mind I do use the bullet-proof Nars Pro Prime eye primer. At any rate, they seem to really adhere to the eye. Fall out was minimal as well, especially considering I used the black shade. Black usually get's all over my face [I'm just .... not gonna touch that one with a ten foot pole. Let's be mature here people]. 

Other products used on the face:
Mac Prolongwear Concealer in NW25
Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Precious
Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Black
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black (Waterproof)

 
Sorry for the shitty photos of the eyelook. It started to rain and my room was hellllaaaaaaa dark.  You get the jist, though. And if you wanna see it better WATCH MY VIDEO! And you know, thumbs up, subscribe, all that beautiful stuff.



0 comments:

Post a Comment