Monday 26 May 2014

Glamour Doll Eyes Haul - Swatches and Mini Review!


Hey pretties! So I'm back with another post for ya'll. I got this package before I went away and had all the photo's ready but just...didn't post it. I have no excuses really, I'm just lazy. Anyways I've been purchasing GlamourDollEyes Pigments for years now, way back when I first started my other blog in was one of my first videos I did a little review on em. I can do an updated one with my entire collection if you'd be interested in that!

This is everything the package came with. I ordered 4 shadows when they were having a buy one get one deal going on, and the owner usually does a GWP each month so I got one shadow for free! She also always includes sample baggies, stickers and business cards, which are a nice touch I think.






 This shade is called Flawless, and boy is it ever. It's a light beige/nude with an aqua/gold shimmer shift. It's hard to tell from photos, but really picks up in the light in person. It's a gorgeous lid shade, and GDE has it listed as a "best seller".


This is the shade I was most stoked about! This is Reckless, it's a matte red/orange base with a BLUE SHEEN. Have you ever heard anything like that?! I sure as fuck haven't. It's beautiful, but again hard to capture on camera (esp cause the overcast was CRAZY when I was taking these photos) but this colour is all that and then some. Such a smooth and consistent shade too, for a matte base with is super impressive.

 Flaunt is described as being a "medium taupe with pink and gold shimmer". I purchased this in my quest for the perfect taupe eyeshadow but to me this shadow pulls a bit more bronzey - on my skin tone anyways. Still a beautiful shade and had minimum patching.

 Obscure is a matte purpley-grey. It reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's "Tease" from the Naked 2 Palette, because it pulls quite purpley. Again really smooth and consistent application for a completely matte pigment, I'm super impressed with this one. GDE really knows how to formulate their mattes! (Now they just need more of em :P)

Lastly we have #Flashback Friday, which was the free Gift-with-Purchase. I'm not crazy about the name, but the shadow is nice!  It's described as a "medium purple with a red (also shows pink in certain light) sheen undertone and red sparkle". I don't know about all that, but this shade is SHIMMERY, like got sparkle all over my arm shimmery. I dig it, and although it's not something I would've picked out for myself I bet it'll look great with my brown eyes.

Aaaaaaaand swatch time (indoor and outdoor lighting for your viewing pleasure):

(Indoor)


 (Outdoor - if the deck didn't tip you off)
Flawless, Reckless, Obscure, Flaunt & #Flashbackfriday



 (Indoor with natural lighting)
 Finally we have the two sample baggies she sent me: Sex Appeal and Pistol Pistol. I've received Pistol Pistol as a sample before but it's a great shade regardless, kind of like a gun metal with tons of multicoloured shimme running through it. Sex Appeal is a silver/teal blend with a purple shift. Again not something I'd pick for myself but absolutely gorgeous regardless.



I'm a huge fan of the brand and will continue to give Vee my business. If you're new to indies GDE is a great place to start! Shipping is always reasonably quick and her customer service is fantastic. I'll have to do a video using these soon!

Hope this was informational and such. Enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having lately and I'll talk to ya'll soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment